Online Portfolio

Thursday 26 November 2015

Goodbye Animation Industry

Well, it's time for me to bow out of the animation industry for the foreseeable future. I have decided to change tack in my career and step into academia and teaching. I have had a great time in the world of animation, and been fortunate enough to have worked on some great projects and with some of the most awe-inspiringly talented people in the world. However, after many years of trying to navigate the increasingly uncertain waters of the animation industry I have decided to come ashore. The increased instability has coincided with a decreased in satisfaction with some aspects of the job.

Duncan of Jordanstone College of Art, Dundee or, as all the cool kids are calling it, 'djcad'.

Over the years I have tried to maintain links with the art college where I studied (Duncan of Jordanstone College of Art in Scotland) and have always enjoyed researching animation techniques and writing up blog posts or giving lectures on these things. So when I saw a teaching post come up here, I decided it was time for a change. Hopefully, my departure from the animation industry will be good news for the followers of this blog. Now I am going to be devoted to the research and teaching of animation, I hope I will have much to share.

3 comments:

Mirac Tercan said...

thank you for all :)

Josh Bowman said...

Made the switch myself a few years back after reaching the same point and never regretted it. Teaching is a whole other discipline in itself that really challenges in the best ways.

Your blog has been a great source of inspiration and insight over the years and I look forward to hearing more of your insights in the future.

Iestyn Roberts said...

I hope you'll continue to animate a few shots now and then Brendan - you've been a massive inspiration to me, and it's excellent news that you'll continue to share your research - everything you've been posting has been pure gold.
Best of luck to you in the new job.